Bayard Insurance Law attorneys:
- have a long history of providing legal services to the insurance industry, insurance companies and the regulators responsible for their supervision, both as legal counsel and as business advisors.
- routinely advise both the Delaware Department of Insurance and companies it regulates on insurance regulatory matters.
- serve as Delaware Department of Insurance hearing officers or as counsel to the hearing officers.
- provide legal counsel, regarding licensing and changes in ownership or control, to traditional insurance and captive insurance companies.
- represent insurance companies in bankruptcy cases, insolvency proceedings, including insurance company rehabilitations and liquidations, and in complex litigation cases and corporate matters.
- have represented the Insurance Commissioner, as a receiver, in multiple insurance insolvency proceedings in the Chancery Court of the State of Delaware and the Delaware Department of Insurance.
Bayard’s involvement in Delaware insurance law is neither new nor academic. One current and three former Bayard attorneys have served in posts within the Delaware Department of Insurance; one as Insurance Commissioner and three as Deputy Insurance Commissioners.